Do you have one of those Grandmothers who’s a real character? Is she an incredible cook with all her recipes stored in her head? Does she love it when the entire family comes for dinner?
“Vince Grittani Dates Your Grandmother” is a lively cooking show that celebrates pure traditional cooking, maturity and the multicultural nature of North America. Host Vince visits your Grandmother and together they will plan, shop for and prepare her speciality. The payoff is when the family arrives and comes for dinner. It may be a traditional Sunday sitdown meal or a backyard picnic. By dinner time Vince will have heard all the stories about the sons, daughters and grandchildren so he’ll have the advantage and be able “kibbutz” around.
The meal to be prepared will focus on one or a few of Grandma’s specialties that can be made with Vince’s involvement. During the process, we’ll learn about our guest cook’s life and her family. Some Grandmother’s love to tell stories and some even tell jokes. That’s perfect. All we ask is that she can speak English, at least enough to be understood. She may even give Vince a language lesson or two! When needed, we’ll add funky subtitles or mini-fact sheets that further explain things. For example, say Grandma is from San Severo in the southern Italy,during editing we’ll insert facts and visuals about the town.
- We are searching for the pilot AND the rest the series.
- Submissions must be made by grandchildren over the age of 18.
- Grandma must be aware and agree to the fact that you are submitting her.
- There is no remuneration but most expenses will be covered.
- We are searching anywhere in Canada, but for the PILOT we are looking for a guest Granny living in Ontario.
- Shoot date for the pilot TBA but will occur between Nov 1 and Dec 15, 2015
If you think your Grandmother would be good guest for this show then please EMAIL the following:
- Your name, town, email and explanation why Grandmother is perfect guest for this.
- Your Grandmother’s name, town and what kind of living situation in which she lives.
- A list of your favourite things that Grandma makes.
- An up to 2 minute video shot with a phone or Ipad of your Grandmother explaining to you her favourite recipe. (You can ask her questions)
SEND EVERYTHING IN A SINGLE EMAIL TO :
Words Talk Productions
ABOUT THE HOST HOST: Well experienced in front of the camera, host Vince Grittani loves talking to people. In the past he has hosted and produced his own series “The Weekend Guy” (Canwest & Ion Life (US)), co-hosted/produced Cottage Life Television for its first four and a half seasons and appeared for two seasons on Life’s Network’s “Real Life” along with multiple guest spots on “Canada AM”, “Breakfast TV” and the “Dini Petty Show”. He is a producer/director, professional playwright, cartoonist and writer, founder and director of the Rosseau Culture and Arts Project and oversees the Muskoka Theatre Project, The Muskoka Independent Film Festival and creator of “Destination Rosseau”. www.weekendguy.com