For those who have been keeping up…in 2008 I founded RCAP (Rosseau Culture and Arts Project), a non-profit, Ontario incorporated organization to develop and produce cultural activity in Seguin Township and District of Parry Sound. This organization grew out of our award-winning Muskoka Theatre Project. Our primary focus has been theatre, film, art and arts education. Last summer we brought all of our interests together under one umbrella….”Destination Rosseau”, a 2-month multi-discipline festival that included our theatre presentation, film festival, art exhibitions and workshops. This year we are expanding to include activity in Parry Sound….”P.S. I Love You”. We’re also looking at leading the creation of a playhouse, promoting the film industry in the District of Parry Sound, increasing our arts education into the schools and a lot more. And now we need help…. IF YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO FITS THE BILL….PLEASE SHARE THIS POST.
ASSISTANT ARTS ADMINISTRATOR/PROGRAMME COORDINATOR
ORGANIZATION The Rosseau Culture and Arts Project, located in the quaint Village of Rosseau on Lake Rosseau, is a non-profit multidisciplinary arts organization overseeing the award-winning Muskoka Theatre Project, Muskoka Independent Film Project, TWG Art Gallery and the Academy of Arts and Practical Science. Our mandate is to create and foster artistic and cultural activity while contributing to tourism and the economy. We operate in the Village of Rosseau and Town of Parry Sound region.
JOB DESCRIPTION Under the direction of the executive/programme director the successful candidate will assist with a variety of tasks including producing our annual film festival, summer theatre programme, art exhibits and educational workshops, plus other activities including fundraising, sales, marketing, audience development and strategic planning. We are a young organization that has achieved much in a short period of time and has great growth potential. Our goal is that this contract evolves into a permanent position. www.rosseaucultureandarts.com
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITES
- Producing, coordinating, adjudicating and general organizing of our 2nd Annual Film
- Coordinating marketing, promotions and general activity of our 14th summer theatre season.
- Revising our strategic business plan while incorporating our current mandate.
- Researching and developing a new marketing plan that identifies the strongest formats best suiting our growth potential.
- Developing a solid plan of action that encourages new membership and builds our volunteer corps.
- Researching and preparing a sales plan that addresses key opportunities including packaging, partnerships, groups, bus tours, on line and mobile ticketing plus third party sales.
- Organizing and coordinating events and activities for our branding “Destination Rosseau/P.S. I Love You” campaign.
- Identify potential short and long-term sponsorship opportunities.
- Assist in developing a plan of action for our new venue conversion.
- Research and implement the best possible programme that secures support from the local business and residential community while contributing to the revitalization of the historic downtown core.
- Assist with day-to-day office management.
- Building strategic alliances with like-minded organizations to increase opportunities for strong partnerships
- Assist with the production and promotion of “Film in Parry Sound”
- Computer skills and experience with a variety of computer programmes
- Experience and knowledge of new media
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, team player, highly creative
- Ability to work well with artists, other employees and volunteers
- Knowledge of and passion for film, theatre and art
- Love of Northern Ontario living!
- Must have own transportation
- A strong back…because we all pitch in!
- Unemployed or underemployed youth (under the age of 30)
- Have graduated with a degree or diploma from a post secondary institution within the last three years. (Business/Arts Management, Film Production or related studies)
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Have not been previously employed under a FedNor Youth Internship funding agreement , or other federal or provincial internship with pay for a period of six (6) months or more.
- 1 Year Contract – April 1, 2015 to March 31, 2016 (flexible with start date)
- Heavier scheduling in July and August. Any overtime during this period to be taken as lieu time during fall or vacation periods.
SALARY: $35,000 per annum
REGION: Village of Rosseau & Town of Parry Sound
TERM: 1 Year Contract
PLEASE SEND A COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Vince Grittani, executive/programme director
Rosseau Culture and Arts Project
MUST BE RECEIVED by 5:00 PM, Wednesday, March 18, 2015
OR SNAIL MAIL
Rosseau Culture and Arts, PO BOX 256, Rosseau, ON P0C 1J0
NOTE: We thank you for your submission. Only those applicants who best fit our needs and requirements at this time will receive a response.
THIS OPPORTUNITY IS SUPPORTED BY: